Calling all musicians, producers, mixers, and electronic music lovers who are ready to present their music to the world! Along with the Brooklyn Digital Conservatory, BHOME is bringing in Bassist, Producer, Ableton Certified Trainer, and Instructor at New York University’s Clive Davis Institute Dan FreeMan (CØm1x) to teach an 8-hour course over two weeks on performing with Ableton Live!
Dan is one of the world’s experts on merging live instruments with Ableton Live and has given courses/clinics/presentations and performances throughout Europe, the US and Latin America. A master of the Ableton Push instrument, he was chosen to present it at both US launch events (Push 1 and Push 2) and has been consulted by numerous artists on setting up their live shows with Ableton Live and the Push. In the spring of 2018, he will be launching this same course at the Clive Davis Institute at NYU.
The course will cover the following topics:
1. Creating a Live Set in Ableton’s Session View/Warping
2. Connecting Ableton Live with Drums
3. Processing Vocals and Instruments with Ableton Live in live performance
4. Pedals, Controllers and the Ableton Push
5. Using Instrument Racks and Audio Effect Racks to Create Live Performance Tools
6. Live Looping with the Ableton Push
7. Ableton’s Link
8. ClyphX - The Ultimate Live Performance Tool in Ableton
9. VJing and Using Ableton Live with Visuals
10. Live performance concepts (i.e Generative playback vs static playback)
11. General advice on setting up a live performance set
$299 for 8 hours!
July 25th 7-9 PM
July 27th 7-9 PM
August 1st 7-9 PM
August 3rd 7-9 PM
Tickets: Performing Using Ableton Live
Make sure to check back on our website, like us on Facebook, and follow us on Instagram in order to stay up to date with all the happenings here at B H O M E.
Facebook: Brooklyn Home of Music